We know how to save your Heart
A heart attack results when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle and heart muscle dies.
The blood clot that causes the heart attack usually forms at the site of rupture of an atherosclerotic, cholesterol plaque on the inner wall of a coronary artery.
The most common symptom of heart attack is chest pain. The most common complications of a heart attack are heart failure and ventricular fibrillation.
The risk factors for atherosclerosis and heart attack include elevated cholesterol levels, increased blood pressure, tobacco use, diabetes, male gender, and
a family history of heart attacks at an early age
. You should call for an ambulance immediately if you develop severe chest pain. Treatment with a clot-busting medicine or an emergency procedure to restore the
- blood flow through the blocked blood vessel are usually done as soon as possible. This is to prevent or minimise any damage to your heart muscle.
- There are seven main steps you can take to help prevent a heart attack (as well as stroke):
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- control ur weight & cholesterol
- tryto keep your blood pressure at a healthy level. Control sugar. Do exercise